Vesconite is a specialized thermoplastic made from internally lubricated polymers. It has been proven since the late 1960s to be an exceptional plain bearing material, giving long life in applications where only the lowest rates of wear can be accepted. Even when conditions are dirty and unlubricated, Vesconite gives long life together with low maintenance and low friction.
Why use Vesconite?
Vesconite combines the advantages of metallic and non-metallic bearings and bushes. Vesconite is extremely versatile. It outperforms in most plain bearing applications, whether unlubricated, grease and oil lubricated, or water lubricated.
- Long wear life
- Keeping size – no water swell
- Remaining hard
- No delamination (peeling off of layers of the bearing)
- Low friction, even in actual working conditions
- Saving shafts
- Does not corrode
- Easy removal of Vesconite bearings
- Safety and health
- Easy to machine
- Higher design load limit than white metal (babbitt), higher fatigue strength and two to three times to wear life
- Chemical resistance
- No swell
- High load capacity
- Outblasts bronze
Vesconite has approval from the world’s major shipping classification societies that are included in the International Association of Classification Societies (IACS).